Monday, January 29, 2018

Valentine's cards - DT project for Fancy Pants Designs

Hi there friends,

I'm back today with some cards you could create for Valentine's day. Since we don't celebrate Valentine's Day however, I've made sure I can give these cards on other occasions too. Love is always celebrated in one way or another right?!


I've used the gorgeous Sweet Nothings collection for these cards. These colors just make me smile. I haven't been working with this line since the beginning of the year so I was pretty keen on using it! A bit of change from all the holiday crafting haha! 

I only wanted to make 2 cards but once the first one was ready, I just couldn't stop!

To create the flowers I used the Hooray ribbon dies from Concord and 9th. I've been addicted to dies since I bought my little Cricut this past summer.


I've seen the idea to create a flower with these dies from Jennifer McGuire and thought it was pretty genius (it's a ribbon die). So this is my take on her design.


I made top folding, 5.5x4.25" card bases from white textured card stock and adhered my panels on top. These are slightly smaller than the card base and all are the same, just different colors. 

I cut a bunch of flowers using different patterned papers and created similar flowers for each card, some just a single row of petals, some doubled up. 


The leaves I created using different circle dies - another cool idea from Jennifer. I never would have thought of this! For the middle of the flowers I used different size circle dies and various patterned papers from this collection. Some I decorated with puffy stickers, one with a tag and twine and this one below I embossed, using a sentiment from the stamp set in the Sweet Nothings collection.


I love how these turned out! I love love love the dimension the flowers create!

Some more close ups:






I hope these cards put a smile on your face today!

Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!

X